using the cumulate function

Options

Hi all,

I am trying to use the CUMULATE function to cumulate actuals (number formatted line item) over a subset of periods 'SS Periods Current year' (a subset of custom list, not Anaplan time).

I first thought that I could not cumulate because I was using a subset, but even replacing the subset with the full list did not fix the issue.

My formula is simple:

and the setup of my model only has 3 dimensions: the subset of periods, a subset which holds some sales accounts and then my line items: one of which is actuals (has data) and the other one I am now trying to calculate: cumulative actuals.

What am I doing wrong?

Best Answers

Answers

• Check out my article about the new feature to search formula syntax within modeling experience:

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/kirill-kuznetsov-31b4a382_anaplan-newfeature-nmx-activity-7179394367797768193-QQ_5?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

• @LouiseBourgonjon - The syntax which you have used is wrong. It should take three parameters as below:

CUMULATE(Actuals,FALSE,SS Periods Current Year) , where FALSE(boolean) is basically given to reset the cumulation of values.