Problem in building a dynamic Version to Version Variance Calculation

Monpero
edited May 16 in Modeling

Hi All,

I have a request by a customer to have version to version variance analysis done where, when a version is selected from a drop down for comparison the version name selected appears on the column header. And not version 1 or version 2

NB: Am not using a native version. The version used for the drop down is a custom version with many versions.
e.g - 1+11 FY24, 2+10FY24, 3+9FY24, 4+8 FY24

Please guys is there a work around to achieving this build?

Any suggestion will be really helpful.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Ashutosh
    edited May 17 Answer ✓

Yes, Map to forecast variance list to version list to get data at version list. Please find updated step.

Answers

• Ashutosh
    edited May 17

Are u using custom versions or Native Version?

• Hi @Ashutosh I am using a custom version not a native version.

• Ashutosh
    edited May 17

Assuming you are using Custom Version . Please find the below steps:

1. Create a another list which have version names and also add one another item Variance . Use that list for selection.

2. Create a mapping module between the version variance list and custom version.

3. Create a another module using the forecast variance list and other versions excluding custom version list and create below line items as shared in screenshot :

4. Create a Final Filter module by using version variance list and line item 'Filter':

Formula for filter line item :

And apply that filter in step 3 module and show line item name 'Final Data'.

Hope that will solve your issue.

Thanks

Ashutosh

• Thank you very much @Ashutosh for taking your time to create this awesome workaround. I'm not so clear with the step 2 part.

2. Create a mapping module between the version variance list and custom version.

Could you please explain clearly on this one. What I gathered is that with this I will have 3 different custom version. My original custom version list, b, the mapping version and c, the Forecast version.

Is that what you mean?.

Thanks once again for your time.

• Thank you @Ashutosh for the work around.