You are not authorised to move this entity

Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: You are not authorised to move this entity

Hey Shreyak

Is this happening to ALL elements that are needing a parent reassignment, or only specific items?  Could you create a view with a single record that has the issue and test it?

Also, have you tried turning off selective access altogether and tested it?

Message 11 of 15

Hi Adam,

Is this happening to ALL elements that are needing a parent reassignment, or only specific items? 

Yes, all of the ~1100 list items get created as orphans, with their properties populated correctly except for the PARENT field.

Could you create a view with a single record that has the issue and test it?

Yes, this could be tested. We did test with a new view and action (with all items) and it didn't work.

Also, have you tried turning off selective access altogether and tested it?

Selective access is at one of the ancestor lists - #Project (very high level). We didn't remove the selective access at the Project level.

Message 12 of 15

@shreyak.gargIf I'm understanding you correctly; you have a numbered list with selective access enabled. There are also orphans in the numbered list. The action which is causing errors is mapping parents to these orphans.

Anaplan correctly denies access to orphans in a list with selective access enabled to non-WSA users. This is why the action is causing the error.

I suggest either mapping the parent in the same action that is currently creating the orphans. Or alternatively, the orphans being created currently should be mapped to a temporary dummy parent. This will allow all users access to the orphans and the last action should successfully remap the 'orphan' to the desired parent

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Anirudh

Message 13 of 15
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I am getting the same error.

I have four hierarchical lists with the top list having selective access.

I am trying to import the list from a module as a non WSA. I have set the role to full access and given write access to top level item of the parent list.

When i run the process the first list(top parent) gets imported. However the next 3 subsequent lists throw an error "You are not authorized to move this entity".

The action used to import the child lists have parents mapped to them in the same action.

But still i am getting the same error for all the next 3 lists(child lists)

Thanks in advance

Message 14 of 15

Hi Preethi,

The steps you have mentioned look identical to the issue we had.

To my knowledge, it is still an unresolved issue. I will confirm with the support team if there has been further progress.

Message 15 of 15