3.3.5 Shipping Time

I cannot seem to get this formula correct for shipping time in INV01: time in weeks for the default shipping method for each SKU.

TRA01 contains shipping time in weeks, shipping method, and P2 Products.

SYS07 contains default shipping method and distribution center.

SYS08 contains distribution center, SKU by code, and P2 Products

SKU and Code (SKU by code) are both columns in P3 SKU List

So INV01 should pick the TRA01 value which matches the default shipping method and product.

The product should be looked up against the SKU in SYS08.

The distribution center should be looked up against the SKU in SYS 08.

The default shipping method should be looked up against the distribution center in SYS07

The formula is invalid, although I can't figure out why:

'TRA01 Shipping Metrics by Week'.'Shipping Time (Week)'[lookup: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Product, 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center, 'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping]

Best Answer

• Misbah
    Answer ✓

@jadefortunato 

You are very close. I see there are a few issues here since you are trying to use all LOOKUPs in one formula. That might not work. Follow this

1. Shipping method needs to be pulled from SYS07 module into INV01 Module in its own line item. Call it Shipping method and format it on  Shipping method list. Use the formula =  'SYS07 Distribution Center Details'.Default Shipping[LOOKUP: 'SYS08 SKU Details'.Distribution Center]
    2. Now you don't need three mappings - you only need two i.e., on Product and Shipping Method
    3. You need to type "LOOKUP:" before each mapping.

So in your case you will have to write additional LOOKUP just before your two mappings and remove third mapping from your formula. So the formula will look like - 

Shipping Time Weeks[LOOKUP: Product, LOOKUP: Shipping Method]

Note: This is logically right formula but not necessarily technically. 

Hope that helps

Misbah

Miz Logix

Answers

• Thanks Misbah!

1. I had this.

2. I didn't think to use Shipping Method from the same module; I was convinced I needed to go outside.

3. Syntax got me with that second LOOKUP so the error I was trying to solve wasn't the actual problem.