Filter Line Item in Module view based on another Line Item
Is there a way to filter line items in a module on a dashboard based on another line item? I have a line item called input preference, which has two options: Dollars or Percent. If dollars is selected, I don’t want my end users to see the percent input line item, and vice versa. When I try to use the filter, and select line items, it only allows me to filter based on the other dimensions in the module.
Re: Filter Line Item in Module view based on another Line Item
Yes it is, but it's little fiddly to set up, but I'll go through it bit by bit. In the example below I have a module called Data LISS whihc contains two line items, Dollar and Percent
1. Set up a line item subset based on the Data LISS module and include the two line items you would like to filter
2. Create a list (in this case I've called it Dollar:PCT) and enter the two values Dollar and Percent
3. Create an input module for the preference (I think you already have this) and format the line item as the list created in 2.
4. Create a module to turn the input preference into a boolean (dimensioned by the list from 2. and formatted as boolean, the formula in my example is Choice Input.Input Prefence = ITEM('Dollar:PCT')
5. Create another module (LISS Filter) dimensioned by the LISS created in 1. with two line items, 1 formatted as the list created in 2. and the other as a boolean. Map the two lines as shown and then add the formula 'Dollar:PCT Filter'.Filter[LOOKUP: Choice] to pull in the boolean from 4.
6. Now the filter module is set up ready to use in the data module.