Formula to hard code list item

varun.joshi07
Occasional Contributor

Formula to hard code list item

Hi Experts,

I have two modules. Module 1 has got lists: Cost Center, Cost Element, and Time. Module 2 has got lists, Cost Center, Cost Element, Time, and Profit Center. I need to bring data from module 1 to module 2. Whatever data will be coming into module 2, will be stored against P9999 profit center. Rest other list items will be derived as it is in module 1.

I have below option to achieve the above requirement. 

1.  I can import data from Module 1 to Module 2 and use Fixed Item for Profit Center in Mapping and load

But instead of using this option, I want to check that Like LOOKUP formula which refers mapping to derive additional list item through system module mapping. Is there any funtion, which I use to hardcode P9999 profit center in target module using that in formula. 

Thanks,

Varun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dameyer01
Certified Master Anaplanner

1) Does Module 2 need to accommodate other profit centers besides P9999? If not, you could create a list subset whose only member is P9999, then dimensionalize module 2 by that subset.
2) In Module 2, you could create a staging line item that pulled data from Module 1. Then you would have another line item that would have the condition that IF ITEM(Profit Center) = Profit Center.'P9999' THEN Staging Line Item ELSE [insert else statement here]. If there are many line items, this might not be easily scalable, but the result could look like the following:

dameyer01_0-1605564472768.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dameyer01
Certified Master Anaplanner

1) Does Module 2 need to accommodate other profit centers besides P9999? If not, you could create a list subset whose only member is P9999, then dimensionalize module 2 by that subset.
2) In Module 2, you could create a staging line item that pulled data from Module 1. Then you would have another line item that would have the condition that IF ITEM(Profit Center) = Profit Center.'P9999' THEN Staging Line Item ELSE [insert else statement here]. If there are many line items, this might not be easily scalable, but the result could look like the following:

dameyer01_0-1605564472768.png

rob_marshall

@varun.joshi07 

Let me ask you a question, why are you wanting to use an action instead of using a formula to pull the data in?  Are you wanting to snapshot the data or are you just trying to get the data into another module?

varun.joshi07
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Rob for reply. The formula worked.

I am trying to figure all possible options to bring data in module 2 from module 1, hence used action to import data.