List of actions inside a process

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

List of actions inside a process

Is it possible, through Anaplan Connect or using the APIs, to list all the actions added within a process.

e.g. Let's say I have process name 'Main_Process' and this process executes 3 actions :
i. ClearList
ii. LoadList_XL
iii. LoadModule_XM

Is there a way I can use API or Anaplan Connect to list all the actions (all 3 listed above). 

I am using the process api to list the process, but not able to figure out how to identify what all actions are being run within an process .

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master Anaplanner/Community Boss

Re: List of actions inside a process

@kauldheeraj 

In your scripts just use the command -Process instead of -imports. Anaplan Connect will sequentially run all the import actions that are within the process

Highlighted

Hi @kauldheeraj 

First you have to run the process and receive the task ID of the process

Then try this request

curl -X GET /
https://api.anaplan.com/2/0/workspaces/8a819488472c2c950147411f574a085b/models/B378C20804234C1BBFBAB0D7EF1CD1D3/processes/118000000007/tasks/5B882A63354A4B45A21C16F3644C9C1B \
-H 'authorization: AnaplanAuthToken {anaplan_auth_token}' \
-H "Content-Type:application/json"

Replace the task ID and process ID above

This will return a json, check the objectId under nestedresults of the json to view the tasks under the process. The objectId will be the taskIDs and not the names of the actions.

Example: i. ClearList may show up as 112000000001

Here is my process.json with 9 actions and the objectId exposed for 1 action

anirudh_1-1596173059803.png

Let me know if you need more help

(Source: From the apiary docs)

Regards,

Anirudh

Occasional Contributor

Thanks @anirudh and @Misbah 

I am trying to collect all the process information, without the need of having to run those processes, in order to get the metadata of all my processes. Is there a way to get those 3 actions within a process, without having to run the process itself. 

We can use the APIs to list all the processes, but not the actions within the processes, without running the process. 

Highlighted

@kauldheeraj ,

I don't believe you are able to do that from the API...Now, within Anaplan with WSA (Workspace Admin), you can simply "edit" the process to see which actions are there.

Rob

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @rob_marshall  It will be really handy if we get to that level of detail or if Hyperscale dashboards provide (or already providing) that level of information with a drill-down to the actions. It will give a clean view and way of doing clean-ups on the models more frequently. 

Thanks all for responding.

Highlighted

@kauldheeraj ,

Agreed...You can always enter that suggestion on Idea Exchange, I believe it would be a good one.  Also, from within Anaplan, you can see if the action is within a process.

2020-07-31_12-30-51.png

Hope this helps,

Rob

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

For now, my workaround was to create an export of the view that @rob_marshall posted below, and work with it.