Map Result from System Time (Days) to Customer Days (Fake Days)

LILYLIU
Frequent Contributor

Re: Map Result from System Time (Days) to Customer Days (Fake Days)

Hi @rob_marshall ,

Thank you so much for your help.

Please kindly see example below. I need to set up a tracker to track 6 independent attributes of a list of employees. These attributes may change anytime and will remain the same until further change.  this module serves as my input and will be used for calculation by fake day. 

Tracking for salary: the employee's annual salary is 100,000 on 15 May 2020. Then on 5 June 2020, he get assigned to a different task and will have an annual salary of 120,000 going forward, until further notice. On 14 June, he may have another new salary. 

I use the previous to instruct Anplan to pick the previous date amount, if there is no change. 

The formula I used is IF '(2) Salary Change ?' <> 0 THEN '(2) Salary Change ?' ELSE PREVIOUS(Salary)

Ideally, I am hoping to be able to map these input to my fake day module, but ended up getting zero. 

LILYLIU_1-1622749070067.png

rob_marshall

@LILYLIU 

Is this an Incentive Compensation use case?  Because if it is there might be a better way of doing this...

Rob

LILYLIU
Frequent Contributor

Hi Rob, 

I am not very familiar with Incentive compensation but it seems they are not the same. 

I am calculating an annual support amount for a list of employees. I have a budget version and an actual version The daily amount is determined by 6 factors. 

(1) if department lead, then formula A

(2) if Year 1 staff, then formula B

(3) if Year 2 Staff, then Formula C

(4) if position change, then formula D

and so on...

I need to monitor these 6 factors by day. If there is no change, I will assume they are the same as the day before. If there is a change (e.g. promotion on March 1), I will need to update this factor from the date of change until the end of the year. 

I would like to use PREVIOUS function so that when I enter the new contractual salary on March 1, the remaining of the year will be updated with the new contractual salary. 

My calculation and aggregation, however, need to be based on fake days as discussed. I want to map the results from the system days module to the customer days module but without success. I was able to achieve this via an module to module import but I am not sure if this is the best approach. 

Thank you so much for your help. 

Thanks,

Lily

rob_marshall

@LILYLIU 

I have not forgotten about you, I will DM you now.