SELECTING Current Version

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

SELECTING Current Version

Is it possible to SELECT current version For example, instead of coding [SELECT: VERSIONS.Forecast3] where Forecast3 is my current forecast and Forecast3 gets hardcoded in the formula. Can I code something like [SELECT: VERSIONS.CURRENT] or something similar?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Previous Contributor

RE: SELECTING Current Version

Yes, you can use the ISCURRENTVERSION calculation function to do this.  See https://community.anaplan.com/anapedia/calculation-functions/iscurrentversion for more information on this function.
Highlighted
Previous Contributor

Sebastian, did you try Heather solution?
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Daniel and Heather.  Yes I tried.ISCURRENTVERSION works fine for what it was meant for (for a boolean result). However I was wondering if I can have it in SELECT/LOOKUP function For example. There is an existing function [SELECT" VERSIONS.'Actual']. Similarly having [SELECT: VERSIONS.'Current'] where "Current' being a reserved keyword.   rgds Sebastian
Highlighted
Previous Contributor

Hi Sebastian, While I'm not sure how your model is set up, Heather's suggestion to use the ISCURRENTVERSION function to return the current version results can be used in a variety of ways besides a true/false boolean answer.  For example if you want to bring your forecast3 revenue number in from another module and you are using versions in your target module - you could say IF ISCURRENTVERSION THEN SOURCE MODULE.'SOURCE LINE ITEM' ELSE 0.  Alternatively, if you are not using versions in your target module, you can just not include a version select statement in your formula because Anaplan defaults to select the current version when a version is not specified. Best, Hilary