Versions - Edit

Previous Contributor

Versions - Edit

Hi! I am working with versions that have different edition dates set. Working with Forecast Jun Version, which edit date is set from July 15, I have 2 line items. I have two questions: 1 - Why is it that if I set a formula (like a number 1) it is shown in the hole timescale, even though the time editable is from July 15? 2 - I actually did an import from LI 1 to LI 2 and it copies all the data, including in the periods that are not editable. Why does that happen? I'm adding screenshots. Thanks in advance! Happy Anaplanning!
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

RE: Versions - Edit

1. formulas are applied on the whole line item, no matter what, even if you have historical data on it in the past. 2. note: there is the bulk copy function in the version's settings screen. what's to retain ? "edit from" and "edit to" only block the edit of the value in the cell for a user, not for the model builder in import, bulk copy or even and you noticed when changing the formula. I believe that the bulk copy should be added some date options, probably allowing you to do what you siwh, while the rest should stay as it is.
Nathan Rudman
Anaplan Model Builder
Regular Contributor

and by the way, the switch over option might help you doing what you need: it automatically clone a version to another up until a date
Nathan Rudman
Anaplan Model Builder
4 REPLIES
Previous Contributor

Micaela, A comment on your Question 2, I have observed that while you can lock users out through things like version edit dates and workflow completed status, a workspace admin can defeat these lockouts by importing, both from CSV and model to model. This makes life much simpler for the admin if you need temporarily to lock down a live model, to update actuals data for example, and then return it into the hands of a user community to carry on adding and updating from the point at which you locked them out. If I need to block out various months, however, I prepare a CSV upload file, delete the unwanted months from the file, and check the 'target items to clear prior to import' carefully before running the import:D If you are making a direct input of data, typing in over the blue numbers, or cutting and pasting from a spreadsheet perhaps, even an admin is constrained by the version edit dates and workflow statuses. Basically a small data set is quickly typed or copied/pasted in, workflow permitting, but a big one is more quickly done through a CSV file, so you have to estimate the balance before you decide which way to go. Mark.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

1. formulas are applied on the whole line item, no matter what, even if you have historical data on it in the past. 2. note: there is the bulk copy function in the version's settings screen. what's to retain ? "edit from" and "edit to" only block the edit of the value in the cell for a user, not for the model builder in import, bulk copy or even and you noticed when changing the formula. I believe that the bulk copy should be added some date options, probably allowing you to do what you siwh, while the rest should stay as it is.
Nathan Rudman
Anaplan Model Builder
Regular Contributor

and by the way, the switch over option might help you doing what you need: it automatically clone a version to another up until a date
Nathan Rudman
Anaplan Model Builder
Previous Contributor

@Nathan, I agree that 'from date' and 'to date' options in the bulk copy would be a useful development. This would make it unnecessary to go via CSV files in some instances. Mark.