Excel Add-in V3.1 Release Discussion

Highlighted
Community Manager

Excel Add-in V3.1 Release Discussion

Do you have feedback on the Excel Add-in V3.1 release? Share your thoughts below!

Click the Reply button below to post.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Certified Master Anaplanner

Re: Excel Add-in V3.1 Release Discussion

I do not see how to uninstall the v3.0 app.I can inactivate it in excel options. I can update it under the windows start menu. there does not seem to be an uninstall program provided.

Message 2 of 12
New Contributor

HI Dan, follow the steps for Uninstall the Excel Add-in on the 3.0 page:
https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Extensions_and_Addins/Excel3_Add-in/Excel3Installation_and...

Message 3 of 12
New Contributor

Hello Dan!

If you are still unable to uninstall the Excel Add-in after reviewing the uninstall process, you may also find this Microsoft tool useful.

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-instal...

If you still have issues with uninstalling version 3.0 of the Excel Add-in, please feel free to reach out to Support@anaplan.com and we will have an Analyst help you with the uninstallation process.

Message 4 of 12

We use PingID for our SSO authentication. We were able to use v3.0 but it experienced different bugs with different users. We have a ticket open for v3.1, we are no longer able to use v3.1 with no additional changes to SSO. v3.0 continues to work for those users that did not go through the process of installing v3.1.

Message 5 of 12

Hi Steven, if you haven't yet, please open a case with support@anaplan.com to discuss further. There are a couple of configuration changes that need to be made, both on your end and on ours, in order to address this issue. This does not impact users still using the 3.0 add-in, and the 3.0 add-in will continue to work after the configuration changes are in place if those users choose to continue to use that version.

Message 6 of 12

We logged a ticket as soon as we experienced the issue. Next time there's a release that impacts existing configurations, can this be communicated?

Message 7 of 12

For this specific change, we worked directly with the customers we knew impacted. A senior support analyst will follow up through the support case to see how we can best help. Our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Message 8 of 12

It would be great to allow the ability to hide the status window and just let Excel refresh (or make a smaller dialog option).

Message 9 of 12
Contributor

I have recently installed Excel Add in 3.1 and started using this. I was previously using Excel Add-in 2.6. I have a couple of quick feedback points on this as compared to 2.6. First, the option of 2-way sync between Anaplan and Excel has been eliminated which is quite disappointing since we have about 70 users (without access to Anaplan) who are inputting data using excel add-in output sheets which is then synced back to Anaplan. Secondly, the option to generate excel output from a saved view in the module is also gone now. This again poses issues like there can be no dynamic filtering of any sort in the excel sheet which is controlled in Anaplan, further the order of the line items can not be changed in excel otherwise the line item does not sync upon refresh.

Is there any known workarounds to these missing features or should I keep using V2.6?

Regards

Saurabh

Message 10 of 12