Hi Friends,
What is the command required to break text into multiple lines in a Dashboard.
Hi @Sravan_Kumar!
For Mac Os X I use control + option + enter. I think in Windows it can be cntrl + alt + enter or similar combination.
@Sravan_Kumar
On Classic Dashboards, yes it is Ctrl+ Alt + Enter for Windows as @AntonMineev mentioned. In New UX it can be done thru Field Cards with multiple lines enabled.
Misbah
If you are looking how to have a line break within text you are building,you'll need to include line break characters, CR being the obvious choice:
CR (character : \r, Unicode : U+000D, ASCII : 13, hex : 0x0d) : This is simply the 'r' character. This character is commonly known as ‘Carriage Return’.
meaning you can include "you text \r next line"
@Sravan_Kumar to gain more idea on your query. Can you share some data on what is at present and what is required to be?
Hey @nathan_rudman , could you please specify how I can use this in TEXTLIST formula?
I am trying to combine lists and want to have a new line after each list item.
Thank you in advance,
Suhas
I know this is an old thread, but this information is now in Anapedia on the page that documents keyboard shortcuts in Anaplan.
From that page:
@SuhasDesai
You can't use it in Textlist formula. Anaplan doesn't recognise "\r" as line break when it is used in the text. For example:- Text_LineItem = "Hi, \r How are you?"
You will see it as Hi, \r How are you? in the cell, even if you use & "\r".
Exactly. Do you know any workaround here?
I may. Share the end result (intended) and the source module in a picture.
The use case is we want populate 2 or more items in Card. One item in one line.
I think it isn't doable in Anaplan. If you have observed that data in cells are shown as one single line in modules, that is how Anaplan ignores line break.
See the screenshots-
- Shubham
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…