POWER function is unable to calculate all equations correctly.
Cube root of '-8' is '-2'
But when I tried the "POWER(-8, 1 / 3)" calculation, it resulted as "NaN" (shown in Image)
Thanks for the reply @MisbahI have a complex formula where POWER was causing the issue and I used the similar workaround by putting a conditional statement on the equation that is inside the power function but wanted to check if there are any better options.Please let me know if you come through any other efficient solution
Thank You Once Again
I've flagged this up with our developers who are discussing. It is currently a limitation and potentially something that could be made to work. Unfortunately I have no workaround for you...
@Akhilesh9025
Although it looks like the limitation on the product side. Here is what you can do
You can make the negative number into Positive, Apply POWER function to it with "-" sign.
Misbah
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…