Getting started is often the hardest part! To support you in your journey, we've compiled a list of valuable resources to set you up for long-term success.
- The Anaplan Planual: The Planual is a must-read resource for all model builders as it establishes a foundation of best practices when building in Anaplan.
- Anapedia: Anapedia is a powerful resource to familiarize yourself with the available features of Anaplan and the resources that can help you best understand and deploy these features into your models.
- Best Practices: Reference this compilation of best practices prior to building a new model every time as a refresher, to align with best practices, and to avoid reward. Review periodically after launching a model to align with best practices ongoing.
- How To: How-To guides provide powerful thought-leadership references and detailed walk-through videos to support your journey. They are also helpful when you get pulled into a project that isn’t necessarily in your wheelhouse or if you’re trying to add functionality to a model that you have little experience with.
- All Functions: Pro Tip—keep this section of Anapedia open in a separate tab while model building for quick reference! Find information about the proper order/syntax of a function—which is helpful when you haven’t used a function in a while—to avoid the dreaded toaster indicator that indicates a formula error. See newly added functions and reference examples about constraints for a given function, including functions to avoid combining, etc.
- How to Decode Errors: Understand common error messages received when building in Anaplan.
- Lookup, Sum, and Textlist Cheat Sheet: Addresses common model builder confusion on LOOKUP, SUM, and TEXTLIST functions.
- Best Practices for Model Cleanup: Find suggested cleanup activities of existing models where Anaplan best practices weren’t adhered to from the beginning.
- Reports, Boards, and Worksheets - When to use which?: Anaplan model builders don’t just build the backend structure within Anaplan models. They also work within the UX to produce front-end facing views for end users. This best practice article articulates when to use which types of pages in the UX.
- Management Reporting - 5 Best Practices to make the most out of your Reports: Anaplan model builders don’t just build the backend structure within Anaplan models. They also work within the UX to produce front-end facing views for end users. This best practice article articulates best practices for making the most out of Management Reporting features in the UX.
- How to Setup Dashboard Filtering to Still Allow for Dashboard Synchronization: One of the most important features for a positive end-user experience is ensuring end-user views have proper filtering and synchronization built out. This best practice article explains how to calculate various levels of a hierarchy and how to enable dashboard filtering.