Order Action- Workspace Admin workaround

Anaplanners,

I introduced Order Action as part of the project creation process for the end user so that while they create a new project it automatically reorders the entire project list. 

I realized its only possible for a user with workspace admin. Is there a workaround for this ?

Thanks

Answers

• hi @Sachinsourav02 ,

You can schedule the order action job at regular intervals to sort the list through an integration user who has Workspace Administrator rights. Meanwhile, have the project list sorted by the property (name(item("Project List")) while displaying to the end-user so that the end-user will see the correct Alphabetical order.

However, this cannot be used in dropdown selections

Hope this helps

• @Sachinsourav02 

Short answer No. As @Rashmih mentioned the workaround but that would still need Workspace admin rights. End users with No admin rights won't be able to run the action

Misbah

Miz Logix

• Thanks I cant basically make use of text based sorting because im using the default sorting to sort another attribute of the project, I hoped that the alphabetic sorting would be taken care by running an action. However, that does not seem to be an option now. Anyhow thanks for the suggestion