what are the most common Challenges in anaplan & how can we deal with it

Hi guys,

Anyone let me know, What are the most common challanges in anaplan while dealing with client & in support projects . How can we deal with it

Answers

• @143kishornaidu 

Crisp salute to you for asking! Here's the perspective of 3 master anaplanners on the top 10 mistakes made during an implementation.

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/DigitalCPX-Anaplan-Live-2021/Top-10-Anaplan-Implementation-Mistakes-and-How-to-Avoid-Them/td-p/111219

In terms of support challenges you'll want to make sure these are addressed:

• SLA agreements
    • Enable ITIL processes: Incident, Problem, and Service Request
    • Set up ticketing system
    • Set up measurements and report out the statistics to help manage expectations
    • Anaplan training
    • Anaplan COE- needed to coordinate between support and development - must have governance over the data hub at the very least
    • For development and ongoing improvements, recommend a roadmap
  • I appreciate for your reply.

Can u please let me know, Same challenges in Development projects?

• Precalculating memory requirements is our most complex challenge as anaplan licensing does not have a pay per usage model.

So you have to anticipate how many Gb you need for a model while not knowing until dev is done how much you need for your model.

Other challenges are around not being able to change fiscal year without having a revision.

Another one is around alm in anaplan cannot manage multiple parallel dev. branches and cannot manage dev. branches merging into a main one.

Those are the first ones that comes to mind.