Ability to configure message when user doesn't have access to a card in NUX
I would really love to see a way for model builders configure the message that appears in a NUX card when a particular role does not have access to it.
- Current state: When you restrict someone’s access to a card, you get the following default message, along with the client ID:
- Benefit of New Feature: Being able to control the message on access restricted cards would easily allow users to understand whether their access is restricted intentionally, or if there is an access provisioning error.
- For example, there may be cases where we want multiple user roles to use the same page for a given functionality. However, only a subset of cards on the page are relevant to everyone.
- For users who don’t see all cards, I would love for the default message to either be blank, or say something like “These metrics are only intended for [x] user group.”
- In absence of this feature, we would have to create duplicate pages to enable the above scenario, while preventing users from seeing the default "You can't access this card" message.
Get Started with Idea Exchange
See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!