We currently operate with Apps that act as silos, but sometimes it would be good to have a centralised dashboard that can work as a connection across apps to ensure a seamless flow across the dashboards built.
Hi Bruno - you can actually do this now. I haven't seen documentation (to be honest I haven't really looked), but if you do the following, you can connect a single dashboard to multiple models:
Not the easiest/quickest way, but I have not found any other solution.
I was actually making an article about that exact logic today. I was planning on publishing it tomorrow. The downfall is that it does not follow PLANS
How does this not follow PLANS? I look at PLANS as more of a modeling guideline and not an App design guideline - sure you want the App to be logical, auditable, etc. but I don't see how connecting to another app clashes with PLANS?
This will be summary of the article:
"In summary, this article has presented an alternative to connect multiple Apps in a seamless way through a “Central distributor” dashboard. The App connectivity comes at a price, so please evaluate whether is worth applying it since this approach is not sustainable nor auditable (https://community.anaplan.com/kb/articles/70772-plans) given that once you try to edit the cards with hyperlinks, they will show as blank. Nevertheless, the links created remain in place once the dashboard is moved to another App, but the dashboard also needs to be moved multiple times to configure all the hyperlinks required, which is a repetitive task and may become an issue once hyperlinks change. "
Basically, once you set up the hyperlinks is not very auditable since the hyperlink is set as blank, and once you apply it to scale it is not sustainable, as every change needs to be applied across the board
@ryanwcloud,
Please find the article in the following link:
Feel free to suggest any ideas there and thank you for the answer here. It was funny to receive it just today.
@BrunoRodriguez
Arguably, NUX flies in the face of PLANS. It exists outside of ALM and outside of model history. Changes to NUX pages cannot be audited because there is no change log. Manually propagating NUX changes from Dev to QA to UAT to Prod is prone to error. Utilizing module views instead of custom views mitigates some of this, but we sacrifice formatting options in exchange for maintainability.
Hello @CommunityMember127794,
While I agree with all your points, the fact that you cannot know where a hyperlink will take you just by simply editing the dashboard (with the current alternative to this idea) is something worrysome.
Happy to hear more thoughts though!
Business Problem & Current Limitation Current State: In our current Polaris implementation, the cumulative dimension index across just five core business dimensions has reached 55. The Constraint: With a hard ceiling at 64, this leaves a headroom of only 9 remaining indexes across the entire workspace/model scope. Direct…
Dear all, Some times your system refuses us to log in. It seems it is because the password is no longer valid and has to be renewed. However absolutely no information is given to the user. Therefore he/she tries to connect again and again, until he/she thinks "oh, that should be the password that has expired". This is…
I've come across this need more than once now so I figured I'd post it here for the Anaplan product team! We have a client who utilizes a primary hierarchy for a core list but developed the need to see the lowest level in that primary hierarchy rolling up to an alternate hierarchy of parent list members. In their Polaris…