Level 3 Sprint 1 TAR01 Detailed Sales Targets - please advise

Options
QuazarRu
edited March 2023 in Academy Discussions

Hello Anaplan Community!
So here is a problem I’ve been struggling with for more than a week.
Please help me to understand am I right or wrong.

So I have a TAR01 Detailed Sales Targets module:

In PY Country and Product Family Sales line item I have Baseline Financial Forecast from TAR01 Sales Targets module looked up by Country and Product Family (dear mods @Misbah please tell me if this is not permitted to post here).

Let's take Nutzo Bar (for US). Nutzo Bar's Product Family is Chocolates.

If I go to TAR01 Sales Targets module I can see that numbers match. Both are 605216:

My data in TAR01 Sales Targets module is 100% correct because it matches with the screenshot provided in Learning Center for checking:

LC screenshot (3.3)

My data:

So I see that Baseline Financial Forecast data is correct and PY Country and Product Family Sales line item is also calculated correctly (if I understood the logic of this Line Item correctly).

In TAR01 Detailed Sales Targets module we have to calculate Initial Account Sales Target which is I guess multiplication of Initial Country Sales Target by PY Account / PY Country Product Family line item.

But the numbers are all incorrect. Here is what is provided by Learning Center (6.3):

If I download the file of Baseline Financial Forecast provided by LC then take US, Chocolates, Jan-Mar, I'll get exactly what I have in Anaplan (605216):

The totals also do match.

So if you see the first screenshot, I guess that I built this module correctly. But it all breaks up when I compare it with what is provided by LC to check Initial Account Sales Targets (6.3).

It also fails to achieve those perfect 1 everywhere when checking the percentages

I remember that someone posted here that the data of Baseline Financial Forecast has changed over time.

My guess is that I'm missing the intended logic of PY Country and Product Family Sales LI or the screenshot provided by LC to check Initial Account Sales Targets (6.3) is not up-to-date with changed data of BFF

I am attaching the file of BFF which is provided by LC (saved as xlsx to upload).

Please can you assist me with this issue.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Dmitry

Best Answer

• AjayM
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @QuazarRu ,

You guessed it right. Your PY Country and Product Family Sales data looks off. You seem to be pulling here the same baseline forecast from TAR01 Sales Targets module. Instead, try the below:

1. You should be having FY19 revenue data in DAT01 module at quarter level
    2. Pull same data from FY19 quarters to FY20 quarters in a different DAT module, but at Account>Product level
    3. Bring revenue from above step into a new lineitem in TAR01 Sales Targets module
    4. Now use this data from above step in PY Country and Product Family Sales

This should fix the PY Account / PY Country Product Family % and hence the initial account sales target data.

Cheers!

Answers

• Hi @AjayM

Thank you very much!

This was very helpful and solved my issue. I misunderstood the logic of the PY Account / PY Country Product Family line item. Now everything is correct.

Thanks and best regards,

Dmitry

• Csta
    Options

Been Trying to figure out this one, not understanding what am I doing wrong really?