Log of user activities

Hi,

We have a requirement in which details of changes need to be captured. For example, when user created a new request on Anaplan, we'd like to capture the user who created this request automatically without user input. Our current design require imports. I'm wondering if anyone has done something similar without imports.

Thanks,

Amy

Answers

• @AmyX

As per my assumptions, (when a user created a new request on Anaplan) that means they are logging the new request description and running a process to send the request. If my assumption is correct, then capture the user while they are adding the description itself. The description module needs to be with user dimension.

Please let me know the details if my assumptions are wrong.

Regards,

Jagadish

• Hi @jagadishdash

You're right. That's what we do right now, having users as dimension and run an import action to snapshot the user along with other descriptions of the request. I'm wondering if there is anyway to do it without running an action.

Thanks,

Amy

• Hi @AmyX

First of all, to create a new request, the user must run an action, and there we'll capture the user.

Also, (not sure if your current process is Anaplan form upload or File bulk upload), if new request capturing is a numbered list, then we can have a module with that list, and once they enter the details, it'll tag to display name, and this way we can try to do it without running an action. [Note: This 2nd approach will only be feasible if the design matches.]

Regards,

Jagadish