Comments in Formulas and No (or more) Char limit in Module Notes

Options

Formula section should have method to capture "comments" for future ref.

Additionally, Notes section in module/lineitem should have more chars limit than current of 250 chars. Sometimes the need to copy formula in Notes won't meet due to this restriction..

4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• I have raised similar in the past. Years ago i worked with diff tech that allowed a pop-up text to display when a user hovered on a field. This was done using this syntax in the formula cell

//enter pop-up text

This can tell user what the code does, where it goes or just a tip specific to that cell.

• @mhemphill yes, prog languages have such comment marks but not in Anaplan as far as i am aware of.. for your persual..

Let's support the idea if you would like such functionality should be available..

• @basketbros, Thanks to you I learned about this problem. Please share more details. I want to do more research using these apps.

• paulatreides
    edited March 4
    Options

@wordle unlimited You can choose meaningful names for your variables and functions to explain their purpose.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!