MIN Function Help

Options
howard
edited March 27 in Modeling

Hi, I'm trying to get the MIN for Customer Tier based on the parent customer of the chain. Any help to understand what I'm doing wrong here?

I'm trying to get the specific line items to adopt the MIN, not just the parent. I.e. if the MIN is 2, I want all the child stores to equal 2. Thus in the example below, all stores under Parent Store 1 should = 1 and all stores under Parent Store 2 should = 3

Answers

• @howard

do you have a code that goes along with the Tiers? If so, bring that in, change it to a number, and for the summary, select MIN. With that, there will be no need for the MIN aggregation function.

• howard
    Options

Thanks Rob. No, the tiers come through as a text which I use a List for. Then I convert the List to a number in the "Customer Tier #" field. Then I try to do the MIN based on that "Customer Tier #" grouped by "Parent", which is also a list. I'm trying to aggregate at the Parent level

• howard
    Options

Sorry, one other thing is that I'm trying to get the specific line items to adopt the MIN, not just the parent. I.e. if the MIN is 2, I want all the child stores to equal 2

• @howard

See if this is what you are needing:

SYS Tier:

SYS Stores (my SYS C2 Contracts)

Module:

• howard
    Options

Thanks Rob. I replicated your logic and I almost have it right. However, chains are reverting to 0, even though there are no zeros. Any idea?

• @howard

On the Parent line item, take the summary off (set it to None) and make sure Parent is a list formatted line item as I have in my above pictures.

• howard
    Options

I kept getting the issue where it wasn't recognizing the right amount and it's because my list (which I hid most off for confidentiality) has an unbalanced hierarchy. Working with a consultant to build automation to force the right levels

• @howard

Ahh, ragged vs. balanced hierarchies. Just to let you know, 99% of the lists should be balanced, really only Chart of Accounts (GL) should be ragged as you almost never need to enter data at a parent level in a Chart of Account list. James mentioned this in the article as well.

As for building out a balanced hierarchy with just the member and parent defined, check out this discussion.