Combining line item number formats

moriahreyes
edited August 7 in Modeling Ideas

In as much detail as possible, describe the problem or experience related to your idea. Please provide the context of what you were trying to do and include specific examples or workarounds:

For certain reporting elements I'm finding that I have to change number formatted line items to text to get the right prefixes and suffixes. For example I want to both have a prefix to my line item as well as be percentage formatted. Currently I can either multiple my number by 100 and add the prefix, but then I sacrifice the % sign at the end. Or I can convert the entire line item to text and concatenate what I need which would impact performance.

How often is this impacting your users?

This could significantly help with management reporting or any reporting that comes out of Anaplan.

Who is this impacting? (ex. model builders, solution architects, partners, admins, integration experts, business/end users, executive-level business users)

Business/end users, model builders (impact on performance)

What would your ideal solution be? How would it add value to your current experience?

I think that the format options should be split into 2 categories. Units and Custom Prefix/Suffix. Additionally, potentially both a prefix and suffix could be used at the same time.

2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!