Importing in Deployed model (Change data Source file)

I have an action import in deployed model to load the changes in the list and before, I able to manage data import sources to have a new source data file and it run successfully. But now I having problem in overriding the existing source data. when I try to manage import it says this "Deployed mode is enabled and you cannot change the structural data of this model. Change to standard mode if a structural change is required." When I try to run the action it still getting the existing source data. Is there a way how to change the source data when importing in deployed model? Thank you

1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi @MRVeroya

I assume that you are trying to run this manually and not run it as a scheduled integration of some kind. If so, all you need to do is publish the action on a dashboard (either Classic in the model or on UX). Once that is available, when you run the action from the dashboard, it will ask you for the file to import. So long as it's the same format as the original source file, it will run properly.

If this is a scenario of a scheduled integration, using an integration account, then it's a different (and more complicated) story. I won't address it here, unless you indicate that's what you need.

Have fun!

Stacey 😁

• Hi @Stacey_Gibbens ,

I really appreciate your response.
    Yes, I only do the action upon each request for a modification. what if they don't want to published the action on a dashboard, is there any other way to upload a new source with same format as the original source?

Thank you 😊

Marc

• Hi @MRVeroya ,

I assume the model you need to import into is in Deployed mode. If it is not in deployed mode, you can just import to the module and map the import on the fly. However, I find it fairly unlikely that you would not have a prod model in Standard mode…

The only other way that I am aware of that doesn't require a published action on a dashboard (can be classic or UX dashboard and restricted by role!) is using an integration method that picks up the source file from a specified server share or queries the source data directly as JDBC from a relational database.

Good luck!

Stacey 😁

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!