2.4.6.2 Apply Dynamic Cell Access to Demand Forecast

I struggled in this activity where we applied DCA to Override Forecast the forecast line item.

I was thinking of writing a formula here in the Override Forecast Line item like below

but I am not sure how to lock the cells once the Override? line Item is checked. Can someone help me how to resolve this issue?

Also, do we need to change the Summary of Override Forecast to Any to achieve this DCA?

Best Answer

• jagadishdash
    edited September 20 Answer ✓

@divyeshkhandpur92

Hi,

First of all understand what you're trying to do..

once you checked the override boolean then you should be able to input the value in override forecast which is connected to the final forecast. That means Override forecast is an input field and you don't need to right the formula.

Coming to your second question about DCA.

DCA should be applied in the override forecast line item and the condition is if you check the boolean then only it should allow you to input, so you have to apply DCA on the Override Forecast line item.

You have to create a dca driver line item to achieve this. And to understand how to create dca and how it works please go through https://help.anaplan.com/dynamic-cell-access-55ae93e6-5139-4bbf-93f9-c8cb06f68f75

Hope the explanation helps you for better understanding the functionality.

Thanks