Hi all -
I have been trying for days to figure out where there is an error on my own, and I have not found the solution. I believe the error is somewhere in the SYS01 module as my formula for Beginning Inventory (which I've confirmed is correct, as far as the Anaplan Community is concerned) just resets every week that begins a new month. And I'm not really sure how the time settings by week are wrong on my end. But it's VERY possible that I either missed something or my formulas need corrections or my time scale is incorrect. I have included screen shots for all the issues, please let me know if anything additional is needed! Thanks in advance!
As you can see in Beginning Inventory, it resets every 1st week of the month, which is what I thought was correct, but that doesn't produce the same results as the "Check your work" where the Beginning Inventory continues to deplete and shows Ending Inventory. What is wrong with my time settings that causes the Beginning Inventory to reset on the first week of every month?
Edit: Here are my Time Settings, maybe those were edited erroneously?
Hi @jcarbo
I assume your looking at Level 2 Sprint 3, In lesson 3.3.5 it states the following:
"
The syntax of the formula should be written: If it is not the first week of the year, then use the previous value of Ending Inventory, otherwise use the Beginning Inventory from DAT01 Beginning Inventory module.
So if you make your line item 1st week of timescale to be 1st week of year and then use a formula to calculate it, it should work.
It does say you may tick the first week of the year and then other to be a formula of opposite.
I hope this helps
Laurance Jones
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…