Polaris doesn't support FIRSTNONBLANK as a function parameter. I have a solution workaround for this already but not too happy with it. So wanted to know what solution workaround people have done to get around this limitation
The suggested workaround from Anaplan is to use the First Non-Blank summary method on the source line item and reference those results in the target line item.
Still getting my feet wet with Polaris, so I haven't yet had a need to use this workaround. It is certainly an interesting challenge to rethink the practices we've used for years to build Classic models.
Hey @TristanS - what workaround did you find here? In my case, I want to pull a value across 2 dimensions (equivalent of a SUM) which is easily doable in classic but can't seem to figure out the best way for Polaris.
@devrathahuja This workaround is functional but can cause major performance impact. I am aware of a project where this was used and caused Polaris to crash. So use this with care. Use rank function.
RankValue ⇒ RANK(<Text to test>, ASCENDING, SEQUENTIAL, ISNOTBLANK(<Text to test>), Rank Group)
FirstNonBlank? ⇒ RankValue = 1
Alternatively, if you have ADO .. ADO can do that job too
@TristanS - Ah I see you're using it to get the FNB value within the module. I want to use the function to pull values across modules (Similar to how we'd use SUM for numbers) Works perfectly in classic but unavailable in Polaris :(
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…