Anaplan Modelers: Has Anyone Recreated a Showcase Model for Learning Purposes?
One of the most valuable learning resources I've come across is Anaplan's Modeling Showcase. It features sophisticated, real-world model examples that offer an incredible opportunity to learn how experienced model builders structure their models, design modules and lists, and implement reporting solutions.
Unfortunately, due to my current access limitations, I'm unable to download and explore some of these models in the way I'd like to as I prepare to become a stronger Anaplan Model Builder.
I'm particularly interested in recreating the Reporting Tips & Tricks model from scratch:
🔗
https://product.anaplan.com/reporting-tips--tricks-797d37fe-f40a-4374-9436-250c12f19760
I've attached screenshots from the Showcase page for reference.
My goal isn't simply to replicate the finished reports. I want to understand how the model is built behind the scenes — its lists, modules, line items, relationships, and formulas — so I can learn the underlying design principles and build something similar myself.
Has anyone in the community, particularly those preparing for the Anaplan Professional Modeler certification, faced the same challenge?
If you've had access to this model, recreated it yourself, or have insights into its underlying structure, I'd be extremely grateful for any guidance, screenshots, or pointers you could share.
I believe being able to reverse-engineer and rebuild sophisticated examples like this is one of the best ways to develop practical modeling skills beyond exam preparation.
Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!