I’ve heard that some customers have several WSs to utilize over 130 GB.
How do they connect to each WS and transfer some data from one WS to others?
I've noticed that I need to use Action menu, but I don't know detail procedures.
Thank you
Hi Mick,
You're right, multiple workspaces can be used for customers with more than 130GB of storage. You would use Import Actions to pull in data from a model in one workspace to a model in another. Here's the link to how Import Actions work and how to set them up: https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Data-Integrations/Import/ta-p/9614
Hope that helps get you started, happy to provide more details if you have additional questions!
Hi Chris,
Thank you for your information.
I've checked the community link and have an additional question.
Do I need to use Boomi like a third-party Data integration tool?
If I use Anaplan connect, can I transfer to other WSs?
Best wishes,
Mick
You don't need to use a third-party integration tool, though those tools help if you want to schedule/automate the transfer of data across workspaces, especially as part of a strong enterprise-grade ecosystem.
Anaplan Connect is definitely an option (which you can also set up with a local scheduler for automation). You would just point Anaplan Connect to the Import Action, or Process Action which may be better suited for this particular case, in order to transfer the data.
Let me know if you'd like more details on any of that, hope that helps!
The link that is posted in your reply is broken and provides a not found error when clicked. Is there an updated link to documentation that could provide an overview of how to import data across Workspaces?
Thanks,
Phil
Here is an updated Anapedia article that contains detail on how to import data from other workspaces and models: https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Import_and_Export/Import_Data_into_Models/Connect_to_a_Model_to_Import_Data.html
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…