Notification or Report for Anaplan users whose passwords are about to expire

This idea is about the generation of a Notification or Report for Anaplan users whose passwords are about to expire.

That also can be applied to cases in which the Data Integration Apps connected to the Anaplan Platform are using Anaplan usernames and passwords instead of digital certificate files.

40 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: New
  • Hello,

Indeed, this could be an interesting enhancement to have. We had an customr incident this week due to the certificate expiration and had to do multiple manual data import to expediate our customer's work tasks. This surely took time and caused many delays.

Have we had a notification upfront, this could've totally been avoided.

• I have had a customer this week as well with the same issue.

It would be great if tenant administrators would be warned in advance if certificates are about to expire.

• Please help do notification or Report about password and cert are about to expire.

Thank in advance.

• Indeed this would be helpful - there must be a backend process that flags basic authentication expiry - it just needs to send an email notification and/or in app notification to re-set in X days.

• Based on feedback from a customer. Today there is no notification that the user will have to change his password in the next few days (in basic authentication).

It is when it tries to connect that it encounters a problem and performs a reset when he realized the cause.

Sending an email a few days before the expiry date or to use our notifications, would perhaps improve the user experience. 

Thanks

Julien Fr

• GeorgeF
    edited January 2023

I have the same experience as Julien, a customer surprised to not receive a password expiration notification but rather have to reset his password and wonder why/contact me to confirm if this is legitimate.

Some kind of notification in the days prior to expiration would be an excellent solution.

• +1 would like to see this as a workspace admin, so I can notify users ahead of the reset

• The soon-to-expire password notification is very helpful that users will be proactive and change their password before the actual expiration date and avoid any possible downtime. This moment no way to check if password is expired. Highly recommend to have the feature.

• I think the frustration with this is actually less that users don't receive password expiration emails ahead of passwords expiring.

To my customers and me, the frustration is that when your password expires (and you're not notified about it), and you a attempt to log in, Anaplan throws an error and tells you that your username or password is incorrect. But I know it's correct, because I use a password manager to manage my password, and it auto-filled in the same way it did the last 20 times. In fact the password has simply expired, unbeknownst to the user.

As such, I would offer that the enhancement request we're looking for here is:

When a user attempts to log in with an expired password, advise them that their password has expired and needs to be reset, instead of saying the username or password was incorrect.

Bonus points if the following enhancement could be implemented in addition:

Instead of throwing an error message, the expired password is accepted one last time, and the user is directed to a page where they are prompted to enter a new password, avoiding a password reset email altogether.

I think the original request would be a cherry on top of these two requests, namely:

In addition to the above, proactively let a user know their password is about to expire and provide a password reset link OR let them know they will be prompted to set a new password next time they log in.

Appreciate all the product team is doing. I think if we can make the above changes, users will overall love Anaplan more (and be less frustrated by this quirk), and be more-vocal advocates of it.

Thank you!

Kevin

• @TristanS , any chance the product team can consider the above?

• Product Team please have this done ASAP … should be deployed in the next release iteration … @kjacokes just kidding not sure if it's a typo on the name you were tagging but I don't work for Anaplan so have no control of what their product team prioritises for development beyond clicking on the Like button against the request to increase its visibility

• Oy, mistagged, apologies. I got a kick out of PM Tristan though, I bet he’d run a tight ship. 😂 I thought I saw you posting on a recent Idea Exchange thread to the tune of whether something would be considered or not; my mistake.

Just my clumsy attempt to get this a bit more visibility given I had 3 customers bring this up to me within the past 2 weeks. While you’re here though…feel free to upvote the idea before you go!

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!