List Item Count Reset Accessible via Anaplan Connect
The ability to trigger the “Reset” action/button in the list configuration tab (for numbered lists), using Anaplan Connect to automate this process.
Example of Enhancement:
Anaplan Connect has an operation that enables reset of a list. And the index for a list can be reset without limitation (i.e. it doesn’t have to be in between 899,999,999 and 999,999,999 to enable a reset).
Benefit / Impact:
Our design requires exporting a record list from one model to another with great frequency to support reporting needs. This results in the numbered list IDs rapidly increasing, requiring frequent, unpredictable resets, otherwise this model-to-model data push fails.
- We move data from a planning model to a reporting model in Anaplan, to get around size and performance limitations
- We do it by pulling data from the planning model to the reporting model, specifically pulling data into a numbered list that contains one record per intersection of data
- Each time we have to clear and re-load the entire list
- The list has 10M items
- We push data on an hourly basis to enable up-to-date reporting
- The model administrator has to frequently log in and check the current index value to monitor whether we’re approaching the limit
- Important: There exists unpredictability around when we can reset the index as the list item index of the selected list must be between 899,999,999 and 999,999,999.
Get Started with Idea Exchange
See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!