Capture username/timestamp for change to Line Items
If there is a module where user makes changes to data for a line item, what is the best way to capture the Last Modified Date and Last Modified By information for that Line Item?
We can always ask the user to enter their name and date separate line items when they modify anything, but is there a way to automate this?
When they modify the data in one line item, Line Items Modified By and Modified Date should be populated automatically. I have not been able to find functions that could do this.
There is no way in Anaplan to do this currently. The closest thing is the inbuilt history feature using which you can right click on any (non-formula) cell and using the show history feature, view the exact changes made. However, there is no way to get this data into another line item.
The only workaround is the solution you mentioned, whereby the users enter this information themselves
I think below should work.. give a try.
1) Capture the line item changes in an input module
2) In the user dashboard, add an action button to save data/comments to a reporting module
3) Run the save action which copies the changed data to a reporting module
4) While the copy action is run, capture the current system date and current user name (concatenate if required)
5) Current system date can be captured using a simple python script and imported into a system module
6) Current user name can be captured from user list1
Python noob here.
Would it be possible to provide the detailed steps to capture time. Much appreciated. Thanks!0