Hi,everyone.
How do I get the last row number of a line item with characters entered?
I would like to get row number "5" from this module.
Could you tell me how to get the number?
Best regards.
@taku.s
You can achieve this by adding two line items, below are the screenshot for you reference.
I hope that helps
Thanks
Akhtar
Create a line item that concatenates Item A, Item B, Item C and Date (although date should probably be dimensionalized)
then use the LASTNONBLANK function.
https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Calculation_Functions/All/LASTNONBLANK.html
Give that a try.
I really like @Akhtar.shahbaz answer to find row 5. That's a solid solution.
But, as i thought more about this scenario I couldn't help but wonder what is the use case.
It looks like you're loading a transaction module using sequential numbers and wanting to delete the rows with no transactions.
If that's the case, I'd like to add a few thoughts.
First, try to avoid using sequential numbers to load transactions. While this may seem like a convenient way to load data it will cause a lot of issues later when you try to update the transations, append, or need to remove certain transactions. Read @rob_marshall post on Data Hub Peak Performance. I promise this will be one of the best posts you've ever read regarding transaction modules.
Secondly, if you really must use sequential numbers I would recommend setting a Boolean that finds the empty rows. Then use that Boolean to "Delete from List using selection" in the action tab. Much easier than searching for the first row.
By the way, I think your question is normal when you use excel. When you're in Anaplan, it could be slightly different.
Excel has one row with two statuses, having data or a blank.Anaplan row is (should be) determined with two statuses that exist or not.You ought to keep every row has some meaning to exist, or don't generate a vacant row.If you get some new data, add rows (items) as many as you need.
(...Sorry that I am far from your question. )
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…