Problems in giving security access
I have completed my project and one pending activity left i.e security access. In security one major issue i'm facing is dashboards.
Let's say my landing dashboard comprises of KPI, Monthly Business Plan, Workforce Planning, Annual Budget
Now inside structure of KPI -> Sales, Production, Raw Material, Workforce
Inside structure of Monthly Business Plan -> Sales, Production, RM
Inside Structure of Workforce -> Succession Planning, manpower requirement
Inside Structure of Budget -> Sales, Production, Raw Material, Finance, Workforce
I have 5 users -> Sales, Production, Raw Material, Finance, Workforce
Now i don't want anyone to see other person's data -> So i'm not going to give read access [Sales don't want to see production data, HR doesn't want Sales data (for example)]
When i completed assigning users with no access or write access -> i'm not able to assign landing dashboard to anyone of the user.
Some help needed on following points : -
1. Any guidance on how to assign landing dashboard to all the users with Restrictions ?
2. If given read access can i able to assign Landing dashboard to all the users (Client Probably not going to agree tough but it's an option to explore or give reason)
3. Any other alternative if nothing works? -> Create Actions and directly give what they have access to ?[ Basically creating new dashboard for separate user]
Please look into Roles, especially the module permissions:
and Dynamic Cell Access:
Landing dashboards can only be assigned to a role. Avoid actions when it comes to user security
Let me know if you need more specific help0
Create diff landing dashboard for diff roles.0
Please find below my answers:
1. In order to be able and assign a Landing Dashboard to a User type, you first need to give them Read/Write access to all Modules/Versions/Actions posted on that specific dashboard. After that, you will be able to assign a Landing Dashboard.
The Restrictions can be set at a list level by ticking the box "Selective Access"
2. Yes, once you give them access, you will be able to assign a Landing Dashboard.
3. It depends on what type of access you give to each user. anirudh gave a full list of security details that you can tweak to your own needs.
I hope this helps! If you any questions feel to reply to this message or send me a message.
Great answer @Constantin , very clear. You have my kudo.2