Anyone know where I can get the instructions on 9/26 release notes to automatically reorder lists and what the API enhancements are?
Looks like some game changer upgrades!
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Releases/What-s-New-September-26-2020/ba-p/85429
Tag: @Misbah @DavidSmith @rob_marshall @LipChean_Soh @ChrisAHeathcote
Order list = https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Build%20Models/Actions/Order-list.html
Assign Only = https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Build%20Models/Actions/Other_Actions/Assign.html
I'll find out about the APIs
David
Hi, I found one reference to the order list action:
https://help.anaplan.com/anapedia/Content/Modeling/Build%20Models/Actions/Order-list.html
would love any feedback on Order on a list
@JaredDolich
Thank you Sir. I was OOO for few days, didn't test it first hand yet.
Hi @DavidSmith
Have tested it on a randomised list of fruit and vegetables and works superbly. Will definitely help with large list loading where it comes in on a random order.
We have been doing it manually via sorting within the module itself will be great having this more automated and saves having to remember to do sorting for outputs.
#GreatWork!
@DavidSmith I posted an example here. My use case was to order a list subset so I had to use some creativity.
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Anaplan-Platform/Ordered-List-Action-and-How-to-Use-and-How-to-Order-a-List/m-p/85543#M18871
One slight wrinkle. Will it be available for end users to run?
We were thinking that it would solve quite a few data loading issues none of which run by model admins but we're now needing to back these out because of this.
#ExcitementReduced
@DavidSmith @andrewtye @Misbah
Any of you find out about the changes made to APIs? I heard something about chunk sizing but nothing definitive.
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…