User List --> No Access --> Data Loss
Has anyone experienced data loss from changing an end users access to No Access?
Clients have experienced major data loss from end users switching teams or leaving the company and all of their inputs (when the User List is applied as a dimension) are removed from the model.
I have found that making a "Fake User List" in replacement of the system's User List can avoid this data loss.
1) Create Systems Module applied to Fake User List
2) Create Line Items for each column header in the Anaplan User List
3) Create a line item applied to the Anaplan User List as a subsidiary view
4) Import (ITEM(User List)) as codes into the Fake User List
5) Create Display Names (Last , FIrst) or Employee ID # for security
6) Apply the Fake User List as a dimension in replacement of Anaplan's User List
List Properties can be used to control the Access and applying DCA or selective access to the user's access eliminates the data loss.
Is there a way to prevent data loss without creating a Fake User List?