What are the steps involved to establish a connection from anaplan to Power BI using basic authentication?
Hi @Shawnm
@Akhtar.shahbaz is correct. You can follow the instructions on the link he provide OR you can use the fancy new native connecter which was just released.
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Releases/Announcing-the-Anaplan-Connector-for-Power-BI/ba-p/89942
You can refer below link for Power Bi connector, @JaredDolich has explained step by step very nicely. I am sure below link helps you a lot and it's good to start to explore Power BI connector.
Thanks
Akhtar
Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry but I got one more doubt, is it also possible to export data back from Power BI to Anaplan using this connector? I tried the new Anaplan connector( beta) and was able to run an export from Anaplan to Power BI, I'm just wondering if the opposite is possible too.
@Akhtar.shahbaz
The short answer is not yet. The Power BI connector is one-way for now. Depending on what you're trying to do, you might also look at the Anaplan Excel Add-In as an alternative to Power BI. From Excel you can send data back with the connector. It's amazing.
Anaplan Modelers: Has Anyone Recreated a Showcase Model for Learning Purposes? One of the most valuable learning resources I've come across is Anaplan's Modeling Showcase. It features sophisticated, real-world model examples that offer an incredible opportunity to learn how experienced model builders structure their…
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…