Source Object Name refresh in Import Data Sources tab of Actions (Model Settings)
The Source Object Name in the Import Data Sources tab of the Actions section in Model Settings is a very helpful piece of information when tracing source module views used in Actions. Model builders normally export this information to an Excel output and filter on the source object name to check which actions are dependant on a particular module and/or module view. It is therefore critical that the information in this tab remains accurate at all times.
- The object name (for Saved Views) does not refresh/update when the source module name is changed.
- This makes it more difficult to trace source module views for modules that have had a name change as it is not updated in the Import Data Sources tab.
- Clicking the "Refresh" button does not update the module names when they have changed.
- To find out the correct object name, the model builder needs to click on then "Edit" button to display the actual object name used.
- Have the module names of saved views in the Source Object Name field of the Import Data Sources tab update automatically after a change in the related module name.
- If first point is too difficult, the module names should at least update when the "Refresh" button is clicked.
See attached document for a visual of the issue.
Get Started with Idea Exchange
See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!