From a newbie to Anaplan!! - I have a situation where I have a dashboard that contains two specific columns that I want to read limit access to based on the users role. The access matrix is similar to this:
Column 1: User A - Read Only, User B - Write
Column 2: User A - Write, User B - Read Only
Would Dynamic Cell or Selective access be applicable in this situation and if so which one would I use and how would I achieve it?
Solved! Go to Solution.
you can use dynamic cell access for this. Native Anaplan (selective access) will not work when the two line items are in the same module.
As an alternative to dynamic cell access, I sometimes will create two modules that are almost clones of each other. For example:
Selective Access is set by user and not specifically by role, so DCA would be the best bet.
How you set up access depends on whether the columns are list items or line items, but the principles are the same
We can't currenct directly define access by role, but we can define access by user so the steps would be as follows:
1. Create a list of roles that mirrors the roles you have in the system
2. Create a module dimensioned by the list on which you want to set the access, and the "roles" list from 1. and add two line items "read" and "write", formatted as boolean.
3. Set the access as required, either manually or through a formula.
4. Create a module dimensioned by Users. and have a line item formatted by the list created in 1.
5. Assign the correct role to the users
6. Create a module similar to 2, but dimensioned by users instead of "roles"
7. the formula to pull in the roles to user is something like: 'Access Driver - Roles-Products'.Read?[LOOKUP: 'User>Roles'.Role]
8. In the respective modules where you need the access, set the Read and Write Access drivers by referring to the line items in 7.
I hope this helps, if you do get a bit stuck, download the learning app: