Dynamic Time filter in the new ux

Hi, question please. I am trying to do a chart in the new ux and the time filter should be dynamic in the sense that if I choose Monthly - the chart should show monthly and if I choose in the filter the Quarterly,  the chart should show quarterly figures in the chart and same with the Half year and Yearly. The time filter should show in the board so the user can choose the period to be use in the chart. Is there a way I can do that?

Thank  you!

Best Answer

• Hi @DMManalili ,

You can achieve this with the following steps:

1. A simple input module where the user can select Month/Qtr/Year (which you can publish in a board)

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 5.31.01 PM.png

2. A system module for Time Filter. The last Lineitem in the screenshot below can be applied as a filter in your Board.

Note that Quarters and Years are selected in the 1st screenshot, which drives the Filter here.

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 5.31.13 PM.png

Below are the formula details for reference:

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 5.31.45 PM.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,

vinayvm

Answers

• @DMManalili 

I can think of one way where you can approach the solution with the help of below steps:

1. Create a boolean for time period (like the below screenshot) and publish this in the dashboard.

2. One line which will be driven by the above boolean.

Swarupa_1_1-1622634050756.png

P.S. Months, Quarter and Years are line items.

Hope that would be helpful.

Cheers!

• thank you!
  • Thank you!
  • This is a nice way of doing it without using subsidiary views with Quarter and Year timescales. 

• @Swarupa_1 Could you please give me pointers on how to take this forward. I have a requirement where I could potentially need a system like you have shown. where the users can see the table dynamically change between Quarters, Years or Months.
  • Hi,

i tried the dynamic filter approach but it was not working working for me can you help me where i did a mistake??

• Hi Durga,

you need to make the summary "none" for Months line item. Then the formula for Filter will works