Restrict Access of Line Items to Roles

Hi,

I have role A and B in the model.  Both roles have Write access to module 1, which has line item 1-5.  However, for line item 5, role A should have read access, while role B write access.  How can I assign roles to line litems access?

Thanks

Andre  

Answers

• @andre.lie

By default you can't assign Roles to Line items.

However, using Dynamic Cell Access you can assign access by User to line items (using a line item subset), although this will only work for numeric values

If you want to assign this access by role, you will need to create a dummy list of roles, assign the users to the role and then map the access to the users.  you can then apply this to a module dimensioned by users and the line item subset. This can then be applied to the module

Have a look at this App in the App hub (and the associated video); there are worked examples of line item access

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Learning/Dynamic-Cell-Access-Learning-App/ba-p/33869

I hope this helps

• Hi Andre,

Photo1.png

Right now we don't have the access control at line item/role level. We can use Dynamic cell access..

Create a module with Users as dimension and 2 Line items(Write / Read) as Boolean Format.

Write Line item - Input Field

Read Line Item - Formula (NOT WRITE)

Mark the boolean to whom you need Write access.

Then Use this line item in Write Access driver/Read access driver in Line Item 5.

Please see the attached pic.

Hope this will help....