Anaplan Data Copy - Version to Version

Hi All,

We would like to copy data from one version (Base case) to another (AOP) and need to exclude/clear data for specific year. For example, base case version contains data for 2021 to 2027. That needs to be copied into another version called AOP. Post data copy, we do not need data for 2022 in AOP version. is there any way to achieve this in Anaplan?  

Answers

• Hi @Mohanraj870586 

you can do bulk copy for this but the thing is it will also copy to your Annual operating plan 2022 year, try to import 0 from a system module for your current year and include this in a process.

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• Hi Manjunath,

We are going to copy 10+2 Scenario from Base case to AOP/Budget version. Importing 0 from system module for current year will impact the forecast data of FY22. Is there any alternative way to clear the FY22 data after copying to AOP/Budget version?

Thanks,
    Mohanraj A
  • @Mohanraj870586 

Before we go about clearing the data, When we do bulk copy it will copy all scenario data from Base version to AOP version is that okay. since you are mentioning about scenarios now, my answer was not considering scenario thing. And is scenario is a list here?

Thanks

• Manjunath,

Scenario is not a list. 10+2 Scenario means 10 months of Actual data (From Jan 22 to Oct 22) and 2 months of forecast data (Nov 22 to Dec 22).

Thanks,
    Mohanraj A

• okay!

1. On what frequency the forecasting is done here?

2. how many line items of data needs to be copied(base to AOP)?

Thanks,
    Manjunath

• 1. On what frequency the forecasting is done here?

Every month We load actual data. based on actual data, forecast data for remaining forecast months gets calculated so that the Year total for FY22 will remain same.

2. how many line items of data needs to be copied(base to AOP)?
    We have 30+ modules other than system and data modules. Each module contains nearly 2 to 5 line items.

Thanks,
    Mohanraj A
  • Hi @Mohanraj870586 

I didnt meant what all the line item it will impact, I meant the Data input line items.

However, Let me know if below solution works.

Time Sys module - Module 1

Cumulate - 1+previous(Cumulate) - Summary None

Boolean Check - Cumulate<12

Here I have used only 2 years, you can put your logic on you time range.

ManjunathKN_0-1667245916795.png

Version Settings

ManjunathKN_1-1667246003412.png

I used switchover for OCT21 because to imitate your future periods.

Version Testing 1 - Module 2

Input Data (Line item) - Imported data or manually inputted data

ManjunathKN_2-1667246278200.png

Manipulated Input data LI

ManjunathKN_3-1667246469657.png

Blueprint view

ManjunathKN_4-1667246538358.png

Use Data Input Line item to use the Base version data and Manipulated Input data for AOP data using select on respective versions and flow it into the your calculation module.

Thanks,
    Manjunath