Transactionnal API - Direct Query with JSON Line / Parsing ?!?

Hello,

I am looking currently at the Transactionnal API.

I see great usage associated to Transactionnal API reading function for direct reporting through third party tool (ex : POWERBI), which offer more thank BULK API.

This call help you to direct query a view :

Currently, the documentation show a limitation of cells able to be read :

• This call only supports the retrieval of cells from a view that contains a maximum of 1,000,000 cells. If the specified view contains more than 1,000,000 cells, then the call returns a 400 Bad Request HTTP status, instead of a subset of the cells. Use the quick sum bar in Anaplan to identify the number of cells in a view.

Nevertheless, I saw in the return, the page aspect. That is associated to parsing/ Json Line perspective

Is there any perspective that we see anytime soon, the parsing on those kind of request ? (@christophe_keom 👀)

2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Large read query method on the transactional api endpoint was released a few months ago.

It allows to launch a query on views containing more than 1m cells with multiple pages results.

The api call includes a page number parameter to return the results of the corresponding page.

You will find documentation on the apiary anaplan api

• I have used the long request query method.
    Nevertheless It is still asynchrone as you need to launch a request and then get a task affected and the response is “Plain Text”

Could we see the page functionnality on the view request in order to have a synchronized & JSON (JSON Line) response ?

• I see.

It would be great to be able to see the page number, but i d say that the page number gets generated by a large query launch. So as long as the query isnt run, the page number is blank.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!