Data Entry Shortcuts for data input in UX

It would be useful to have more shortcuts when entering data in the UX. At the moment we can enter e. g. 1e3 to input 1000 in a cell which is great and makes it easier to enter high values. In addition, I would find it useful to have at least these shortcuts as well:

• Shortcut ‘+’: By entering a value using '+' the value should added to the existing value e. g. entering +100 in a cell with 1000 should give me 1100 as a result
  • Shortcut ‘-’: By entering a value using ‘-’ the value should subtract from the existing value e. g. entering -100 in a cell with 1000 should give me 900 as a result
  • Shortcut ‘%’: By entering a value using ‘%’ the calculated percent should be added or subtract from the existing value e. g. entering +10% in a cell with 1000 should give me 1100 as a result

To get this input correct I think another letter/sign will be needed to differentiate between an input and a calculation I want to do. As an example if we can take the letter ‘c' to indicate a calculation I want to do it would be like:

• Entering c+1000: This will add this value to the existing value
  • Entering +1000: This will replace/override the existing value

18 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Given the lineage to the original Adaytum planning product, I'm surprised that these aren't available in Anaplan.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!