Tableau to Anaplan Integration
I was doing POC for Integration between Tableau and Anaplan, where we export the data from Tableau as a file(.csv) and load the file into Anaplan.
Thought of sharing my approach here.
Below are the prerequisites we would need to proceed further.
- Download the latest Tableau Desktop from the Tableau Website and install it on your Windows.
- Download the Tabcmd.exe file from GitHub and place the file in the bin folder of the Tableau desktop(path where Tableau is installed on Windows).
- We need the below information to export the file from Tableau using a batch script.
- Server URL(Example:https://prod-Japan-a.online.tableau.com)
- Workbook name(Example:Data01_Tableau_Integration)
- View Name(Example:Tableau_Export_Data01)
- User Id and Password to access Tableau.
- Path where the file needs to be downloaded in Windows.
- An action details to load the data(from a .csv file) into Anaplan.
- Download the Anaplan Connect.zip file from Anaplan and extract the zip in the respective folder.
Attaching the script for your reference.
Kindly suggest if there are any other ways to achieve the same.
Get Started with Idea Exchange
See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!