User role landing pages in UX - Available!

Options

What a gift for a Friday…!

Click into here and then you set which page a user role sees when they open up the App. Effectively it's the other way around to how it is in classic.

Answers

• That's a great info. Thanks @andrewtye

• pyrypeura
    Options

Great news!

• PujithaB
    Options

Really Great news and much awaited feature

• Great news. thanks

• SriNitya
    Options

Great News
    Thank You

• @andrewtye thank you! Been waiting for this a long time. Good eyes, as usual!

• alexpavel
    Options

@andrewtye : thanks for letting us know … a really helpful and awaited feature.

There is still a small gap with Classic Dashboards: it is not possible to setup a Landing Page for "Full Access" role😊

• It doesn't seem to work on my end, does anyone know why?

• alexpavel
    Options

aah.. indeed.. it stopped to work now :(

• alexpavel
    Options

Maybe.. just a temporary hiccup… now, it works OK for me.

• not yet on my side …

• Panji
    Options

It really exciting to try and cannot wait for implement to customer

• Noticed an interesting caveat to this.

We use ALM and have app pages tied to multiple models. So I may have an end user role assigned in our QA/STAGE models but Full Access in DEV but when I open the App it only understands my end user role and I have no ability to get back to the main App page (aka where I need to configure the app). Minor inconvenience, just need to update my roles to Full Access in all the models but thought I would share since that was the behavior was a little different than I might have expected.

• Exciting News. thanks

• andrewtye
    Options

One small gap @alexpavel on the Full Access. Hopefully it's to come!

• Dikshant
    Options

@Tiffany.Rice, I also encounter this situation since my app is connected to both the dev and QA models.

I've a finding and I'll be exploring it further, but if anyone has already looked into it, please share your findings.

Since landing pages are associated with specific models, and considering my app is linked to two models, Model A and Model B, here's the breakdown:

I have 5 pages linked to Model A and 5 pages linked to Model B. As a user with access to both models, I assign different landing pages to each model. In this scenario, it's important for us as developers to ensure there are landing pages for both models, considering that some users may only have access to one model, while others may have access to both.

So, the question arises: which landing page will the app open, the one linked with Model A or the one linked with Model B?

• @Dikshant - If end user has multiple roles within the App they will be prompted upon opening to choose the landing page they wish to open first.

https://help.anaplan.com/choose-an-app-landing-page-ecb3936a-ce22-41b9-bd0a-fdc686a3f74b

• Dikshant
    Options

@Tiffany.Rice, Thanks for sharing this article.

Also, we can still open the app menu by selecting the Options for this app ellipsis to the right of the app you want to open.