When a workspace Administrator does a model to model migration and chooses not to take the model offline, does the system still close people out of the Apps?
I did not test in detail, but I think the users lose the connection based on the normal behavior: if a page remained more time without action.
Using refresh from the browser, it should reconnect the user to the page or sometimes, they need to re-insert their credentials, if the time passed is long.
Hope it helps,
Alex
Alex - that is what you would think but my users say they are in the middle of entering data in the App when it closes out.
Well - when the modifications are pushed from DEV to PROD via ALM: in those moments, the model is blocked, especially for input. And yes, those modifications could need to be re-inserted.
I just made a test, and when I pushed the DEV to PROD, I did not lose the connection in a page that was open and connected to PROD. I just continued with the navigation.
I am wondering if it maybe is different if you are a Workspace Administrator versus a regular user
An ALM sync performed without taking the model offline should not intentionally close users out of Apps, but brief interruptions can occur depending on the nature of the deployed changes. Thanks!
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…