Meet Our Members
We know introduction threads can get a little awkward, so here are a few questions to help you get started:
- How did you find the Anaplan community?
- What specifically are you working on at the moment? How can your fellow Community members assist you?
- What goals do you have for your participation in this group?
Iam from mainframes background and wanted to switch to this technology .Is this a good career option for a person with a technical background of 14 yrs of experience.Please provide your inputs.0
Yeah! With that experience you'll find Anaplan super easy to learn and wow, the demand for modelers and architects is huge right now. Very lucrative path. Here's a quick primer on how to get started.
Get Setup with Anaplan.
- If you don't have a workspace, request a Free 90 Day Trial. You must have an Anaplan workspace in order to practice and to work through the training.
- Be patient though, there may be a waiting list.
- Once you get confirmation of your workspace, go ahead and change your password.
- This will be your login to Anaplan from now on. You can log in from the main website www.anaplan.com
- While you are waiting for your workspace, watch this YouTube video by Simon Tucker Chief Planning officer at Anaplan to get an Anaplan primer. 4 minutes.
- Then, watch this “connected planning” YouTube video, 9 minutes.
Setup your Anaplan learning account. In order to obtain the free online training, you need to set up a Learning account.
- Start by going to the Anaplan Academy.
- Set up an account.
- Choose your alias wisely. It's very hard to change in the future. Mine is JaredDolich but others will choose a less conspicuous name.
- The certification path looks like this. Your goal should be to obtain the lime green certification, or the Anaplan Certified Model Builder.
Start your Anaplan modeling training.
- Start by going to the home page for model building training at the Academy.
- Click on the Level 1 Icon.
- Follow the instructions and use your workspace to build your models.
- Level 1 takes about 20 hours. Level 2 takes about 40 hours. Anaplan Way takes about 5 hours.
- Be patient this will take some time.
- Try to take video courses in one sitting if you can. They're short, 2-8 minutes each.
- Certifications should be done over 2-5 consecutive days, but try to work in 4 hours in a sitting.
- Practice. For example, I have a model I built that uses every function. This is a great way to learn and helps with the “activity” score you need later on with certifications.
- Remember there are many ways to solve problems in Anaplan. Some are better than others but if you get the result you’ll be fine. Later, you can learn optimization.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions on the community site. You’ll get an answer within minutes. Probably 3-4 answers!
- Super Important Links
- Learning Center and Partner Dashboard – Put a pin on this one! This is the learning center where you will take all your courses plus a whole bunch of other things.
- Anaplan Anapedia – I stop place to get all online documentation
- Launchpad – this is where you log into Anaplan
- Anaplan Way Guide – this is the SCRUM adjusted methodology that has proven success to work
- Idea Exchange – this is where you log your ideas for improvement or to see what others are recommending. You can vote for your favorites too.
- Anaplan Platform Discussions – My favorite link. Here you can post any question and you will get a response usually within 5-10 minutes.
- Content Sandbox – Here is where you can write white papers.
- Best Practices Documentation – Memorize everything that is in this page. You’ll thank yourself 10 times over.
- All Functions – this has all the Anaplan functions possible (well, almost)
- Support - this is a one stop shop for all support issues. You can also log tickets here too.
- How to become an Anaplan Master – start here to begin your journey. Note: for most this takes about 1-2 years.
- API – Anaplan API guide and reference
- Python – For those of you that want to leverage the Anaplan APIs and interface with Python, you will need this site.
- Retail User's Group - get the latest thinking on how to implement Anaplan for Retail and to meet others in your industry
- Beyond Essentials
- Contact me. There’s a pretty deep rabbit hole.
- Join the Retail User's Group
- Read the invitation to join post
- Official Link to the Retail Anaplan User's Group
- Meet interesting retail professionals that have a passion for retail!
Thank You very much Jared for the detailed information..How many days roughly it would take to get certified atleast for the level1 considering 2 hrs of preparation daily.. can we demand good pay for this technology now0
Level 1 will take about 20 hours to complete and level 2 will take approximately 40 hours. How you portion that out by day is up to you.
And yes, you can command very good compensation for this certification and even more if you have business experience.