Today I appeared for an interview, they asked me:- What is an Architecture of Anaplan?
I wasn't able to reply. Someone please help me with this question.
Hi,
that is a very open question. Anaplan is very flexible so we do a lot of different thing and thus have a wide range of architecture. And even for the same use case, you can use two very different architecture depending on constraint such as number of users, volume of data, reporting level etc.
If you ask me what is the architecture of one of my work I'd answer you with:
- the list of models: data hub, model, reporting model etc
- the data flow between the sources, the data hub and the other models
- High level schema of the main parts of the models, with major structuring lists and important modules
- the number of users ans teams using these different models
I hope it helps
Hello @Sameer_Bajaj ,
I look at it from two different perspectives. One - Solution architecture, as what @nathan_rudman explained, which differs from solution to solution.
Another one is the software architecture which describes a database - application - middle tier - web client etc the technical components which makes up the software. Being a cloud product, it is not shared in public.
Regards
Arun
@Sameer_Bajaj
As alluded too, this is a very big question
My recommendation would be to watch some of the video and sessions here
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Ask-Me-Anything/bd-p/AskMeAnything
Specifically Duncan's
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Ask-Me-Anything/Designing-for-Performance-and-Scale/td-p/36431
(and mine of course!!)
https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Ask-Me-Anything/Model-Building-Excellence-amp-Application-Lifecycle-Management/td-p/31830
I hope that helps
David
Hi everyone 👋 If you build or maintain Anaplan models, you've probably hit the same walls I kept hitting. Some basic questions about a model's structure have no single screen to answer them. You end up clicking through modules and pages one by one, or writing API scripts just to get a list. These were the gaps that…
Hi Everyone, We have a requirement in Anaplan Consolidation & Reporting (Fluence) where the Entity Structure needs to change effective January 2026. The key requirement is that the existing entity structure should continue to be applicable for all reporting and consolidation periods through December 2025, while the new…
We've been building a tool called aplan4sheets and we'd genuinely like input from this community — both on what we've built so far and on what we should prioritize next. The problem we set out to solve: Anaplan's Excel add-in is Windows-centric, and there's no real native way to pivot Anaplan data in Google Sheets. We…