NUX : Selector - Equal treatment of direct change and hierarchical filtering

Options

There is some unconvincing behaviour regarding the difference in handling of direct selector changes and selector changes as a result of hierarchical filtering.

There is a hierarchical structure consisting of G1 Region, G2 Country and G3 Location.

01  - List Structure - Geo Hierarchy.png

There is a board page like this one, on which two cards are placed.

The first card refers to the 'SYS04 Location Details' module and the hierarchical filter is off.

The second card refers to the 'SYS03 Country Details' module and the hierarchical filter is on.
On the second card you can see the selector for G2 Country.

02 - Page Layout.png

Changing the selector of the second card to 'Europe' will change the content of the card. 

03.png

If you then select the row title 'Japan' on the first card, the selector on the second card will change to 'Asia Pacific'.

04.png

If you then select the row title 'Tokyo' on the first card, the selector on the second card will change to 'Europe'.

05.png

It is understandable that the hierarchical filter does not work, as 'Tokyo' is a G3 Location hierarchy, and the second card only has a hierarchy up to G2 Country.

However, I'm not convinced that it reverts back to 'Europe', which is the context in which you previously changed the selector directly.

I would like the memory of the context on the page to be treated equivalently when the selector is changed directly and when it is changed as a result of hierarchical filtering.

1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• I have noticed that the problems I have identified above have somehow been resolved.
    If any modifications have been made based on my point, I would like to know about it.

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!